International Week at KAMK
The fourth International Week for teaching and non-teaching staff took place in Kajaani from 20 to 24 February, 2017.
The week 2017 was structured around the following themes:
- School of Health: Evidence-Based Nursing / Communication
- School of Business: Creating New Businesses
- School of Tourism and Sports: Experiential Activities/Activity Tourism
- School of Information Systems: Virtual Reality
- School of Engineering: Robotics
KAMK Service Departments (Research and Development, Library, International Office, Student Services, HRM, Adult and Continuing Education AIKOPA ) welcomed also administrative staff from our partner institutions to share their ideas and best practices related to internationalization and digitalization. The programme consisted of a mixture of meetings/presentations and workshops.
Open workshops, 1.5 - 2 hrs in length, were held in the afternoons each day, for anyone interested in the topics below:
- Education commercialization / education export
- Life-long learning
- Simulation teaching
- R&D at KAMK, R&D exhibition presenting KAMK's projects and main stakeholders
- Planning joint courses in the fields of sports, tourism, business, engineering or information systems (brainstorming session)
- Co-operation with the student union
The International Week in the School of Nursing (Evidence-Based Nursing) had a separate programme.
Contact persons regarding international week are Meira Kaikkonen, tel. +358 44 7101 617 or Kirsi Sievers, tel. +358 44 7101 616,
Contact person regarding the Nursing Intensive Course is Jaana Härkönen, tel. +358 44 7101 028, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org