Double degree means that you complete part of your degree studies abroad in a partner institution and when you graduate you will obtain a degree certificate from both institutions. The programme is planned sot that it is possible to complete it within your regular study time.
The Kajaani University of Applied Sciences' Degree Programme in Business Administration and the Degree Programme in International Business as well as Degree Programmes in Tourism are parties in a Double Degree Agreement with the Hochschule Heilbronn, Heilbronn, Germany. The Degree Programme in Tourism is also parties in a Double Degree Agreement with the University of Rzeszów, Rzeszów, Poland.
How to Complete a Double Degree?
- Students accomplish 60 credits in their own university of applied sciences and 60 credits in the partner institution. Language of study in Germany is English. Rest of the studies will be completed in the home institution.
- The practical training can be completed either in Finland or abroad.
- The thesis must be completed in English.
When business students graduate, they will receive a KAMK Bachelor of Business Administration degree from Kajaani UAS and a Bachelor of Arts degree from the German UAS.
When tourism students graduate, they will receive a Kajaani UAS Bachelor of Hospitality Management degree from KAMK and a Bachelor of Arts in Tourism Management degree from the German UAS or a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Rzeszów.
- 3 business students/year and 2 tourism students/year can be selected to accomplish a double degree and the application deadline is at the end of week 8.
- Students must complete a double degree application form as well as the electronic exchange application form in ASIO.
- Students submit the double degree application form to the international office. Applicants must have at least 60 credits before starting their exchange period with an average grade of 3,5 (good). The grade from English language studies must be a minimum of 4.Students’ language skills will be tested separately in an interview.