Study Guidance and Study Counselling
The objective of study guidance and counselling is to support and encourage students to accomplish target-oriented study skills and to become professional experts in their own field.
Here at Kajaani University of Applied Sciences study supervision is the responsibility of all staff members and also staff who are specialised in study supervision and counselling duties. Contact information for such staff members is available in each school.
Group Teacher Tutors
- act as close supervisors to students
- help students to become study-oriented and to get to know the university of applied sciences
- help students to plan their studies
- monitor students’ progress
The School Study Counsellor
Students can turn to their own School Study Counsellor for help in all situations concerning their studies e.g. where it is necessary to make a decision, problem situations, if students are having difficulties with their studies and personal issues.
Other Forms of Supervision and Counselling Staff in Different Schools
- Head of Degree Programme: approval of credit transfer, curricula development
- Practical Training Co-ordinator: organisation of practical training, advice
- International Co-ordinator: information on student exchanges
- Thesis Co-ordinator
Other supervision and counselling staff in Student Support Services
- Study Office: study related practical matters
- International Office: information on student exchanges
- Recruitment Services: practical training, career planning, job hunting