Eligibility for studies at universities of applied sciences depends on completing the
- Finnish general upper secondary school syllabus and/or the matriculation examination
- European Baccalaureate, International Baccalaureate or Reifeprüfung Diploma
- Finnish upper secondary vocational qualification with a scope of 120 credit units or an equivalent previous vocational qualification with a minimum scope of 80 credit units
- Finnish upper secondary, further or specialist vocational qualification as a competence-based qualification, or an equivalent previous qualification; or
- foreign education that provides eligibility to apply for higher education in the country in question.
Those applicants who are applying with competence based vocational qualification, competence based further vocational qualification or non-Finnish qualifications must have completed their studies by the end of the application period. If an applicant who is applying with a non-Finnish qualification is a citizen of an EU/EEA-country, he/she can apply if the qualification is completed during the spring of applying. The admission of such EU/EEA –applicant completing his/her education in the spring of applying is conditional until the polytechnic/UAS has checked the applicant’s final certificates (no later than 14 July 2017).
In order to demonstrate eligibility to UAS studies, an applicant applying with a non-Finnish qualification must provide a copy of the original certificate by the set date. This does not apply to those applicants who are citizens of an EU/EEA-country and who are completing their qualification in the spring of applying.
The universities of applied sciences (UAS) only accept final certificates awarded by national and regional bodies granting educational certificates. Therefore various other documents such as "Testimonials", "Statements of Results", "Examination Results" or "Result Slips" are not considered as official certificates. Please note, that if you have a scratch card, it is advisable to attach the card to your final certificate.
Language Skills Requirement
Applicants are required to have good oral and written skills in English. The English language skills are tested in the entrance examination.