Which Documents Should I send with my Application?
Qualification / Degree Completed outside Finland
Applicants, who have completed a qualification outside Finland, must submit the following documents to the Admissions Office of their first choice UAS by 8 February 2017, 3 pm Finnish time (+ 2 hrs GMT) at the latest (or by 20 April 2017, 3 pm in the second application period).
1) a copy of the final / official secondary school certificate or vocational qualification.
PLEASE NOTE! Only final certificates awarded by national and regional bodies granting educational certificates will be accepted. Therefore, various other documents such as “Result slips”, “Testimonials”, “Statements of Results”, “Examination Results” are not considered as official certificates.
Applicants who are citizens of an EU/EEA-country completing their qualification in the spring of application do not need to submit anything during the application period. The copies of the certificates will be requested upon confirmation of acceptance by 14 July 2017.
2) a copy of an official Finnish, Swedish or English translation of the certificate must be provided, if the certificate is not written in one of these languages. The translation must have the translator’s signature and stamp.
- The requested copies must be sent by post.
- Documents received after the given deadline, will not be accepted.
- The first-choice UAS will decide on the applicant’s eligibility to all UAS options in the application based on the documents sent.
- Anyone applying through discretionary admission is required to submit copies of the certificates that he or she wishes to invoke to the admissions office of each university of applied sciences to which he or she is applying. The copies must arrive at the admissions offices according to the deadlines for submitting appendices.
Qualification / Degree Completed in Finland
Applicants with a Finnish upper secondary leaving certificate and Finnish Matriculation Examination certificate do not have to send copies of their certificates during the application process. The results of the matriculation examination will be received directly from the Matriculation Examination Board. Those graduating during the spring application period must complete the qualification used in the application procedure such that the copy of the certificate will arrive at the relevant university of applied sciences no later than 3 pm on 14 July for the spring application period. Copies of certificates will be requested after acceptance.
Applicants who are applying with International Baccalaureate or European Baccalaureate or Reifeprüfung certificate must submit the copy of the certificate by 8 February 2017, 3 pm Finnish time. Applicants who are completing their IB, EB or RP examination in spring 2017, must provide a copy of their predicted grades or final certificate to the the admissions office of their first choice UAS by 20 April 2017, 3 pm Finnish time.